The Big River Racing Team participated in many races on Thanksgiving Day:
At the Kirkwood Webster Turkey Day Run:
- 3 Mile Race:
- 6 Mile Race:
At the Turkey Trot STL Downtown:
At the Arnold Gobble Wobble 5k:
- Elvir Sarajlic won the race, running 15:53.
- Steve Moore ran 17:05 winning his Age Group and placing 6th Overall.
- Preston Jordan ran 18:45 placing 2nd in his Age Group and 16th Overall.
- Sophie Watterson ran 19:59 winning her Age Group, placing 3rd Female and 27th Overall.
- Nick Vollmer ran 20:35 placing 32nd Overall.
Denise Buehrer placed 2nd in her Age Group at the Parkville Turkey Trot 5k.
Luke O’Connor (26:56) placed 2nd Overall in the Turkey Trot Chicago 8k.
Many team members also ran races earlier in November.
On Saturday, November 6:
- Marcus Walton (16:09) won the Veteran’s Day 5k.
- Preston Jordan (19:00) placed 2nd Overall at the Hot Cider Hustle 5k.
- Nick Vollmer (21:28) placed 2nd Overall at the 5k 4 Soldiers.
- Maryam Tabatabaei (3:39:28) ran the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon.
- Payton Birkel ran the Be the Light 10k which was a new longest race distance.
On Sunday, November 7 at the St. Louis Track Club 5k:
- Elvir Sarajlic won the race, running 16:21.
- Cassie Zehenny (20:59) placed 3rd Female and 11th Overall.
Also on Sunday, November 7, Jacqueline McCormick (3:53:13) ran her marathon debut at the New York City Marathon.
On Saturday, November 13, John Kertz (49:08) placed 7th Overall at the Inaugural Bellefontaine Cemetery 10k.
Also on Saturday, November 13, Sadie Smith (2:55:35) won her Age Group at the Richmond Marathon.
On Sunday, November 14, Nick Loyal (2:53:44) placed 3rd in his Age Group at The SKIPPO 30k.
Also on Sunday, November 14, Rachel Ament (formerly Bromberg) ran a new Half Marathon PR (1:32:21), winning her Age Group, placing 3rd Female and 31st Overall at the Kansas Half Marathon.
Congratulations to all the Big River Racing Team members on their accomplishments.