This past weekend was a busy one for the Big River Racing Team!
On Saturday, 10/2, Nick Vollmer (21:26) won his Age Group and placed 6th Overall at the No Place Like Home 5k.
On Sunday, 10/3, many team members ran MO’ Cowbell:
- Elvir Sarajlic (1:16:53) placed 5th Overall in the Half Marathon and won his Age Group.
- Michael Cochran ran 1:23:58 in his Half Marathon debut.
- Sadie Smith (1:27:00) was the 1st Female in the Half Marathon.
- Nate Quest ran 1:29:40 in the Half Marathon.
- Sophie Watterson (1:30:38) won her Age Group and was the 6th Female in the Half Marathon.
- Preston Jordan (1:34:39) ran a new Half Marathon PR.
- Marcus Walton ran 1:35:10 in the Half Marathon.
- Brandon Schneider ran 1:36:35 in his Half Marathon debut.
- Barret Looper ran 1:46:31 in the Half Marathon.
- Maryam Tabatabaei ran 1:46:34 in the Half Marathon.
- JoAnna Duncan ran 1:53:50 in the Half Marathon.
- Mike Flynn ran 2:02:58 in the Half Marathon while pacing two Big River Training Team members for the first 12 miles of the Marathon.
- Caroline Rupp (3:48:32) placed 2nd in her Age Group in the Marathon.
- Michelle Dillon anchored the 2nd place Female Team (1:41:44) in the Half Marathon Relay.
The prior weekend, Connor Callahan (2:41:58) ran the Berlin Marathon.
In other travel news, a couple Racing Team members recently ran in Minnesota.
- On 9/18, Mike Flynn (5:47:25) ran a new 50k PR, placing 2nd in his Age Group at the O’Brien Trail Races 50k.
- On 10/3, Rachel Bromberg (3:23:39) ran a new PR and Boston Qualifying Time at the Twin Cities Marathon.
Many team members ran local races earlier in September:
On 9/6, Michael Cochran (18:35) won the Race for Reconciliation 5k.
On 9/18, some team members participated in the Run for the Hills 5k:
- Elvir Sarajlic (16:13) placed 3rd Overall.
- Matt Helbig (21:24) placed 2nd in his Age Group while pacing his son, Connor (21:27), to an Age Group victory.
- Josh Vitoux ran 21:27.
- David Alvarado ran 21:49 while pushing his child in a stroller.
- Denise Buehrer (29:09) won her Age Group.
On 9/26, Preston Jordan (19:30) won his Age Group and placed 5th Overall at the Maryville Go The Distance 5k.
Also on 9/26, John Kertz (46:55) ran a new PR and placed 3rd in his Age Group at the St. Charles Oktoberfest 10k.
Congratulations to our team members on their accomplishments!