The Big River Racing Team closed out June with a strong showing at the Macklind Mile.
- Brett Davis (4:30) was first across the line in the Men’s Competitive Mile but ended up placing 2nd based on chip time.
- Marcus Walton (4:31) placed 4th in the Elite Mile.
- Kirby Simon (4:32) placed 3rd in the Men’s Competitive Mile.
- Matt and Louis Kruger (4:37) edged out James and Dani Campbell (4:37) in the Dog Mile, taking 2nd and 3rd Overall in the fastest edition of the Macklind Mile Dog Mile. Rematch next year???
- Mike Cochran ran 4:50 in the Elite Mile.
- Sarah Kruger (5:02) won the Women’s Competitive Mile.
- Jon Petter (5:09) placed 3rd in his Age Group in the Men’s Competitive Mile.
- David Alvarado ran 5:21.
- Nicholas Vollmer ran 5:37.
- Sadie Smith (5:38) won her Age Group and placed 9th Overall in the Women’s Competitive Mile.
- Matt Bridwell ran 5:53.
- Taylor Sutton ran 5:58.
- Charles Sutton ran 6:14.
- John Kertz ran 6:24.
- JoAnna Duncan (6:32) placed 2nd in her Age Group in the Women’s Competitive Mile.
- Denise Buehrer (8:08) won her age Group in the Women’s Competitive Mile.
Earlier in the month, Josh Vitoux ran a half marathon PR (1:47:55) at the Hospital Hill Half Marathon in Kansas City. Mike Flynn completed the Run Bear Lake Marathon Trifecta, which consisted of marathons in Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah on three consecutive days. Mike was using this race series as training for some upcoming ultramarathons. And Sadie Smith (2:59:10) was the 2nd Female and 9th Overall finisher at the Montana Governor’s Cup Marathon.