What a weekend!
The Big River Racing Team had some amazing performances at the GO! St. Louis Marathon and Family Fitness Weekend events. A special shoutout to Laura Hillard and Jen Bertucci who won the 10k and Half Marathon!
Denise Buehrer (29:34) kicked things off on Saturday, winning her Age Group in the 5k.
In the Half Marathon:
- Luke O’Connor (1:12:05) won his Age Group and placed 4th Overall.
- Jen Bertucci (1:21:30) placed 1st Female and 22nd Overall.
- Nick Vollmer (1:25:59) ran a massive new PR, placing 5th in his Age Group and 45th Overall.
- Payton Birkel (1:26:29) won her Age Group, placing 5th Female and 50th Overall.
- Alex Schenk ran 1:29:13.
- Preston Jordan ran 1:33:01.
- Matt Bridwell ran 1:43:08.
- JoAnna Duncan ran 1:45:41, placing 7th in her Age Group.
- Mara Horwitz ran 1:47:44.
- Michelle Dillon (1:47:58) placed 2nd in her Age Group.
- Mike Flynn ran 1:59:52.
- Shelby Hummel ran 2:08:23.
Sophie Watterson (3:22:21) placed 2nd in her Age Group and 7th Female in the Marathon.
And Cassie Zehenny and Sarah Kruger ran the Marathon Relay on team “Arch You Glad You Came!” (3:00:25) which was the top mixed gender team and 2nd team overall.
In other recent races:
- Jacqueline McCormick (52:44) placed 1st Female and 4th Overall in the Shaw Bloom Trail 10k on March 20th.
- Euan Makepeace (13:42) placed 4th Overall at the Raleigh Relays 5k on March 24th.
- Sarah Kruger (21:40) placed 1st Female and 13th Overall at the Chain of Rock 6k on March 27th.
- Peter Johnsrud (30:52) ran within a second of his collegiate PR at the WashU Distance Carnival on April 1st.
- Sadie Smith (2:50:15) ran a new marathon PR, placing 2nd Female and 21st Overall at the Revel Mt. Charleston Marathon on April 2nd.
Congratulations to all the team members on their accomplishments!