The Big River Racing Team kicked off October with some amazing performances.
On Saturday, October 1, Peter Johnsrud won Ironman 70.3 Memphis with a time of 4:19:42.
That same day, Mara Horwitz completed the Leavenworth Marathon in Washington in 3:52:54 (two weeks after completing Ironman Maryland).
On Sunday, October 2, team members raced locally, in Minnesota, and in London.
Sadie Smith (2:56:19) and Jim Smith (3:38:27) completed the London Marathon.
Brian Carter (3:09:46), JoAnna Duncan (3:44:47), Matt Bridwell (3:56:21), and Scott Bosso (4:03:59) completed the Twin Cities Marathon. JoAnna and Matt both ran new personal bests.
Locally, there were some very strong performances at MO’ Cowbell:
- Cassie Zehenny (19:29) ran a new PR and placed 2nd Female and 7th Overall in the 5k
- Rita Donohoe (46:05) placed 2nd Female and 14th Overall in the 10k
- John Kertz (46:42) ran a new PR and placed 1st Age Group and 17th Overall in the 10k
- Luke O’Connor (1:14:47) placed 2nd Age Group and 7th Overall in the Half Marathon
- Nick Vollmer (1:24:25) ran a new PR and placed 29th Overall in the Half Marathon
- Tim Bick (1:24:27) placed 30th Overall in the Half Marathon
- Preston Jordan (1:30:49) placed 58th Overall in the Half Marathon
A few weeks ago, at the Run for the Hills 5k on September 17th:
- Elvir Sarajlic won the race in 16:50
- Sophie Watterson (19:35) placed 2nd Female and 9th Overall
- Connor Helbig (19:59) placed 1st Age Group and 11th Overall
- Denise Buehrer (30:24) placed 2nd Age Group
Also on September 17, Mara Horwitz completed Ironman Maryland in 13:34:16.
On September 18, Jon Petter (20:04) won the Millstadt Parks 5k, and Preston Jordan (1:33:49) placed 1st Age Group and 9th Overall at the City of Roses Half Marathon. That same day, Cassie Zehenny, Mike Girzadas, and Alex Schenk completed the Pikes Peak Marathon, literally running up and down a mountain.
And, on September 22, at the BIZ Dash 5k:
- Elvir Sarajlic (15:56) placed 2nd Overall
- Nate Quest (17:00) placed 1st in the Education division and 6th Overall
- Stephen Kuehner (18:26) placed 3rd in the Technology & IT division and 24th Overall
Congratulations to all the team members on their accomplishments!