Big River Racing Team members have continued to put up impressive performances this spring and summer!
That same day, Scott Bosso (20:31) won his age group and finished 4th Overall at the Millstadt Tin Man 5k. Matt Bridwell (22:28) also won his age group and placed 8th Overall. JoAnna Duncan (22:42) placed 1st Female and 9th Overall. And Sadie Smith (1:27:52) placed 1st Female and 2nd Overall in the half marathon.
At the University City Memorial Day Run on May 30, Jon Petter (19:44) won his age group and placed 16th Overall in the 5k. Sadie Smith (40:54) placed 1st Female and 6th Overall in the 10k. And John Kertz ran 50:59 in the 10k.
On June 2, at the Festival of Miles, Euan Makepeace ran a Sub-4:00 Mile in 3:59.92. Oh yeah!
On June 4, Sadie Smith became the first female to run a Sub-3:30:00 Marathon in all 50 states. Sadie placed 2nd Female and 30th Overall at the REVEL Rockies Marathon, running 3:02:03.
On June 4, Jon Petter (19:17) placed 2nd Overall at the John Mohr 5k.
Also on June 4, a couple Big River Racing Team members won events at the Spewak Racing Track Meet. Kirby Simon won the 800m in 2:02. And Jared Bugaj won the 5k in 16:28.
On June 5, Jen Bertucci (2:56:13) placed 1st Female and 26th Overall at the Mountains 2 Beach Marathon.
On June 11, team Big River Runners finished the KT-82 Relay in 11:47:28, as the 8th Mixed Gender and 19th Overall team. The team included Racing Team members Matt Bridwell, Scott Bosso, and JoAnna Duncan, as well as Training Team Pacers Brian Carter and Ron Patrick, and Photographer Robert Harrison.
On June 18, Matt Kruger (1:08:57) ran a new Half Marathon PR and finished 35th Overall at the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon (Grandma’s Marathon).
Also on June 18, Preston Jordan (1:30:39) placed 3rd in his age group at the Toledo Mini Half Marathon.
That same day, back in the St. Louis Metro Area, Nick Vollmer (18:35) ran a new 5k PR, placing 2nd in his age group and 8th Overall at the Covered Bridge Run 5k. Mara Horwitz (22:27) placed 2nd in her age group and 26th Overall.
And, of course, the team put up some strong performances at the Macklind Mile:
- Matt Kruger and his dog Louis set a new course record for the Dog Mile, winning the race in 4:29
- Zach Legenzoff (4:31) placed 2nd in his age group and 9th Overall in the Men’s Competitive Wave
- Stephen Kuehner ran 4:54
- William Powell ran 4:55
- Travis Menghini ran 4:55
- Nick Vollmer ran 4:56
- Jon Petter ran 5:08
- Preston Jordan ran 5:20
- Alex Schenk ran 5:22
- Cassie Zehenny (5:27) placed 1st in her age group and 7th Overall in the Women’s Competitive Wave
- Brandon Schneider and Mara Horwitz’s dog Addie (5:45) placed 7th in the Dog Mile
- Scott Bosso ran 5:49
- Matt Bridwell ran 5:50
- Brandon Schneider ran 5:51 (Brandon ran the Men’s Competitive Wave and then the Dog Mile. Did he hold something back for the Dog Mile, or did Addie drag him to a faster time?)
- Katie Helbig (5:54) placed 3rd in her age group in the Women’s Competitive Wave
- JoAnna Duncan ran 6:15
- John Kertz ran 6:15
- Mara Horwitz ran 6:22
- Paige Helbig (6:52) placed 3rd in her age group in the Women’s Competitive Wave
- Denise Buehrer (8:15) placed 3rd in her age group in the Women’s Competitive Wave
Congratulations to all the team members on their accomplishments!