Big River Racing Team members have racked up some strong performances the past few months.
On December 3, John Kertz (23:22) won his age group at the Santas On The Loose 5K.
Also on December 3, Sadie Smith (1:25:33) was the Female Masters Winner and 2nd Female Overall at the Rehoboth Beach Half Marathon.
On December 4, Michelle Dillon (1:13:57) won her age group at the Hot Chocolate 15K.
On December 10, Brandon Schneider, Elaine Sims, Dave Rowold, and Jeanene Jorgensen competed at the Pere Marquette Endurance Trail Run.
On December 11, Sadie Smith (2:58:13) placed 2nd Female at the Dallas Marathon.
On January 7, Sadie Smith won the State 47 Las Cruces Half Marathon.
On January 15, team members raced all over the country. Sadie Smith (2:56:22) placed 2nd Female at the Louisiana Marathon. Matt (1:09:33) and Sarah (1:24:47) Kruger ran the Houston Half Marathon as part of their build for the Tokyo Marathon in March. And Jen Keutzer ran the Maui Oceanfront Half Marathon, completing her personal goal of running 50 half marathons before age 50 (with a few years to spare).
On February 4, Sadie Smith (2:54:18) won her age group and placed 7th Female at the Mesa Marathon.
Team members also had success at the Frostbite Series from December through February.
- Jon Petter took the series win in the Male 40-44 age group. Jon placed 1st Age Group in the 3K (10:33), 1st Age Group in the 2 Mile (12:47), 2nd Age Group in the 5K (18:52), 2nd Age Group in the 3 Mile (17:57), and 2nd Age Group in the 4 Mile (24:26).
- David O’Gara won the 15K (47:55).
- Sarah Kruger placed 2nd Age Group in the 12K (46:48) and 1st Age Group in the 20K (1:22:34).
- Michelle Dillon placed 1st Age Group in the 12K (1:00:35) and 1st Age Group in the 10 Mile (1:30:15).
- Connor Callahan placed 2nd Age Group in the 3 Mile (17:02).
- Travis Menghini placed 2nd Age Group in the 20K (1:30:24).
- Rachel Ament placed 3rd Age Group in the 4 Mile (27:37).
- John Kertz placed 3rd Age Group in the 4 Mile (31:48).
- Michael Treadwell ran a new PR in the Half Marathon (1:36:30).
Congratulations to all the team members on their accomplishments!