After great success at the GO! St. Louis Marathon and Family Fitness Weekend events (recap here), the Big River Racing Team continued to rack up strong performances throughout April and early May.
On April 10, Mara Horwitz completed the Zion Ultras 50K.
On April 15, Euan Makepeace ran a new 1500m PR (3:39.99) at the Bryan Clay Invitational.
On April 16, Sadie Smith (19:44) placed 2nd Female and 3rd Overall at the Blossom Bolt 5k.
On April 16, the team had a strong showing at the Cardinal’s 5k:
- Jon Petter (18:58) finished 3rd in his Age Group and 12th Overall
- Nick Vollmer (19:10) finished 2nd in his Age Group and 13th Overall
- Matt Bridwell (22:14) finished 4th in his Age Group and 55th Overall
- Elaine Sims (22:31) finished 1st in her Age Group, 4th Female, and 60th Overall
- John Kertz (23:48) finished 2nd in his Age Group and 96th Overall
On April 18, a few team members ran the Boston Marathon:
- Travis Besel ran 3:06:12
- Michelle Dillon completed her 7th Boston Marathon in 3:54:40
- Rachel Ament (4:15:09) finished her first Boston Marathon while five months pregnant
On April 23, Mike Cochran (18:56) won the Laura’s Run 4 Kids 5k.
Also on April 23, Michael Treadwell (3:54:27) completed the Rock N Roll Nashville Marathon, four minutes faster than his 2021 finish time.
On April 28, Euan Makepeace (13:52.13) finished 4th in the Drake Relays 5k.
On April 30, Alex Schenk (3:21:14) ran a new PR at the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon.
On May 1st, John Kertz (23:44) finished 3rd Male in the Cinco K Mayo 5k.
Also on May 1st, Sadie Smith (3:01:21) placed 3rd Female and 49th Overall in the Providence Marathon. Sadie has now completed a sub-3:30:00 Marathon in 49 states!